STEP UP –moving up to the next level.
Motivating people to move up to the next level in all areas of life, what it takes to move up a level, and how to make it happen.
PROGRESS, GROWTH INCREASE IS NORMAL
Progress, growth, increase is normal, and must be part of what we continually strive for
Psalms 84:7, Romans 1:17, 2Corinthians 3:18 We are to grow from strength to strength, faith to faith, and glory to glory. God is interested in seeing increase in all areas of living Psalms 115: 13-15 Spiritually we are to progress. 2 Peter 3:18 Hebrew 6:1
We are not interested in just reaching goals, accomplishments, milestones but what we are really interested in is becoming better people, in the process of working towards these goals.
WHY IS IT THAT SOME OF US STAGNATE STAGNATE?
Here are a few thoughts:
1) Going back to old ways
What we have been doing is what has brought us and kept us where we are. We need to revisit, refine and if needed adapt to some new ways of doing things in order to move forward. Philippians 3: 13-14
2) No vision of the future, No big picture
We don’t see beyond the immediate. So we don’t have a vision of the future that inspires us to strive for progress and growth. Proverbs 29: 18
3) Afraid of the immediate price/pain
Usually there is a price to be paid if we want to step up to the next level. Some new disciplines to be learned, some new skills to be developed, etc. These come at a price. We have to put in some time, effort and energy to develop these. If we are reluctant to do so, we end up stagnating. Proverbs 10: 4
4) Intimidation/afraid of change, afraid of challenges
Sometimes fear of change, holds up captive to move from one level of glory to another, we must be willing to change 2 Corinthians 3: 18
In 2017, let us leave no room for “excuse” not to step up to new levels in all areas of our lives – spiritually, relationally, professionally, in ministry, etc.
STEPS TO ‘STEP UP’
1. Prayerfully write down your BIG PICTURE for each area of your life. The BIG PICTURE is where you feel God wants you to be in time to come – in different areas of your life.
2. Prayerfully write down one or two goals for each area of life that will help you step up. Successful psychologists say that 95% of the people in the world do NOT have written goals and fails, while 3-5% have written goals and succeed.
3. Review Your BIG PICTURE and GOALS regularly, often and frequently. Ripitition is an effective way to “plant” a goal in mind. What you repeat over and over again is programmed into the mind and begins to take root. On a practical level, this means reviewing your goals daily and visualizing your BIG PICTURE mental picture, every day, repeatedly until the habit is formed and turned over to “auto pilot.” Get emotionally involved with your goals and destiny.
Zig Ziglar – “A goal casually set and lightly taken will be freely abandoned at the first obstacle.”
Step up in all areas of life. Let the Lord be glorified through you moving from strength to strength, faith to faith and glory to glory.