- Great men have great habits. This is what separates them from the masses.
- The secret of your success is always hidden in something you do daily.
- What you do habitually determines what you become permanently.
Purpose influence habits :
- Great habits are the result of great purpose.
- Your sense of purpose will motivate you to develop habits that bring success.
Habits and discipline :
- Habit is child of discipline.
- Discipline is doing something you hate to create something you love.
- Champions become champions by maintaining a discipline until it becomes a habit.
Decide what you want :
- Your habits are vehicles that will take you into a desirable or undesirable future.
- What you are doing today is creating a permanent you.
Confront your limitations :
- You will never correct what you are unwilling to confront.
- What you refuse to master today, will master you tomorrow.
- Anything resisted is weakened.
Breaking the chains of enslaving habits :
- Captivity is not normal. You were born to be free.
- Jesus can break the chains of enslaving habits.
Psalm 139: 23,24. Search me, O God, and know my heart; Try me, and know my anxiety; and see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.
John 8: 36. Therefore if the son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
Develop a daily success routine :
- You will never really change your life until you change something you do daily.
- The secret of your future is hidden in your daily routine.
- List your daily activities and link each task to a specific time or day to be performed.
Develop the exercise habits :
- Good health is the product of Good habits.
1 Corinthians 6: 19,20. Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own? For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
- It boosts your immunity
- It is a natural memory booster and staves off dementia.
- It keeps joints healthy
- It helps carb cravings (E.g. Chocolates)
- It helps burn calories and loose extra weight.
- It lifts your mood, attitude, and self-confidence.
- It helps remove harmful fats.
- It helps maintain youthfulness.
Develop the positive mind habits :
- Be positive about life, be an optimist.
- Think in terms of God & me.
- Think from a biblical perspective.
Proverbs 4:23. Keep vigilant watch over your heart ; that’s where life starts. (Message Bible)
Romans 12:2. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
Develop positive person habit :
- Be an encourager. Be a people – lifter – upper, lift people up.
- People enjoy being around optimists, encouragers and true friend.
- Be a true friend to people.
Proverbs 18:24 A man who has friends must himself be friendly, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.
Proverbs 27: 6. Faithful are the wounds of a friend, But the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.
Develop the Bible habit :
- God’s Word will change the course of your life.
Psalms 119: 105, 130. Your word is a lamp to my feet and light to my path. The entrance of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple.
Develop the prayer habit :
- Prayer changes me and the world around me.
Daniel 6: 10. Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open towards Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God as was his custom since early days.
On a sheet of paper, write out your “daily success routine” for a regular day. List your daily activities and link each task to a specific time or day to be performed.
(many of the statements in this blog were adapted from Dr. Mike Murdock)