You are God’s creation! You are fearfully and wonderfully made!
It’s good to be fit – PHYSICALLY!
Consistent physical exercise keeps us fit and our bodies in good health.
5 benefits of consistent workout:
- Improved stamina
- Strength and Tone
- Weight control
- The feel good factor
It’s GREAT to be fit – SPIRITUALLY!
“…..Exercise daily in God – no spiritual flabbiness, please! Workouts in the gymnasium are useful, but a disciplined life in God is far more so, making you fit both today and forever. You can count on this. Take it to heart. This is why we’ve thrown ourselves into this venture so totally. We’re banking on the living God, saviour of all men and women, especially believers” – The message (1 Tim 4: 7-8)
“……..Train yourself towards godliness (piety), [keeping yourself spiritually fit]. 8 for physical training is of some value (useful for a little), but godliness (spiritual training) is useful and of value in everything and in every way, for it holds promise for the present life and also for the life which is to come – The Amplified Bible (1 Timothy 4: 7-8)
Consistent spiritual discipline that keep you spiritually fit:
- Personal prayer – Talking to God & Listening to Him
- Reading the Bible – Read, study & meditate on His Word
- Personal Worship – Adore, express reverence and love to the Lord in complete surrender
- Fellowship – Meet, encourage, share with friends of God
To workout your spiritual discipline regularly, you need to exercise these:
Think about what you just read, and then take a paper and write down your thoughts in response to these questions and what you read, and then take some time to pray for yourself.
From Your experience
- What happens when you keep/do not keep yourself spiritually fit?
- Which of the personal spiritual discipline – Prayer, Word, Worship & Fellowship – are you unable to maintain consistently? How do you think you can overcome this?
- Design a spiritual fitness plan for yourself in the areas of Prayer, Word, Worship & Fellowship.